Monday, June 24, 2013

WEBER BABYQ BAKED ZUCCHINI CHIPS



Came through on a weight loss page but I used Greek Yoghurt and Whole Egg Mayonnaise.   Makes about 30 on the BabyQ.  At the Happy Hour they loved the dip that went with them.

Weber BabyQ Baked Zucchini Chips I made these camping and lost the thread of my photography as we put a tarp up with rain happening.  Very simple to make I only Youtubed this as a reminder mostly to myself.

Ingredients:

2 Medium sized Zucchini
2 cups panko crumbs

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese halved

2 egg whites beaten
1/2 cup Greek Yoghurt
1/2 loose cup chopped basil
3 Tablespoons Whole Egg Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat BabyQ to 450F/230C and grease a tray that fits.  I cooked them with alfoil under and a trivet then the tray.

Trim and disgard ends and cut zucchini in half then lengthwise into approx. 30"chips"

Mix 1/2 the parmesan with the crumbs and put into coating tray.

Whisk egg whites till frothy.

Add Zucchini gently into whites until coated.

Coat in crumb mixture pressing firmly

Arrange single layer on a greased tray that fits your BabyQ.  Optional Spray with Olive Oil.

Bake approx 15-20 mins  at 450F/230C until brown and crisp.  I turned over once.

Half grated parmesan cheese
1/2  Cup  Greek Yoghurt
1/2 cup chopped Basil (I used coriander as I had no Basil but added a teaspon of dried basil).
3 Tablespoons Whole Egg Mayonnaise
2 Teaspoons Garlic paste (you could use fresh cloves)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

I simply mixed all the ingredients and chilled until I needed it.  You may have a blender and blend it.


1 comment:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete